Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The affairs of your household

I like to believe that my house is a reflection of who I am. The way I decorate, the colors I choose, the pictures on the wall, the kind of furniture I have. I also believe that most days it is also a reflection of how I feel. When I feel good, the house looks good. When I feel bad, well it looks bad......
There are days when I feel so overwhelmed that the simple task of doing the dishes seem too much. There are days I pretend that all the laundry is done simply because it is in the dryer and the hampers are not overflowing. And yes the laundry in the dryer has been dried for a while now and I have even reset it a couple of times but facebook was calling my name and I will get to it eventually.
There are days when I cannot get to cleaning the floors because I was researching on Pinterest the best non toxic floor cleaner recipe.
Procrastination is my evil twin. I live with it, invite it in all the time and deeply despise it. When I procrastinate, I feel bad about the things I did not get to do and in return the things I did not get to pile up and depress me even more.
All this to say that I have a love/hate relationship with the Proverbs 31 woman. She has it ALL together and make me look bad and I do not like to look bad. Yet at the same time she encourages me to try harder and strive to become a Proverbs 31 woman.
"She watches over the affairs of her household" Proverbs 31:27
What does it mean to watch over the affair of your household? Well I believe that it means that we make sure that there is food on the table (healthy food), that clean and neat clothes are available for everybody, that regular cleaning is done and that the atmosphere of the house is one of joy and peace.

Watching over the affair of your household does not mean that your house always look like the cover of Architecture Daily or that your children are styling in the latest fashion or that dinner should be featured in Gourmet magazine.

It took me a while to realize this and I pray that you will find encouragement this week in simply focusing on watching over the affairs of your household.

We will provide you with some tips and ideas later this week so make sure to come back and check it out. In the meantime stop striving for perfection and start watching over the affair of your household.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!