"We love because he first loved us" (1 John 4:19)
I hope as we continue to grow as individuals, the love of God is known. I hope that the love that we have for each other is not weak, flimsy or interrupted, but rooted in the conquering love of our outpouring God. The first letter of John reveals the substantial, complete and finishing love of God.
- God is love (1 John 4:8).
- God is the fountain and source of love (1 John 4:7).
- God’s love is the message from the beginning (1 John 3:11).
- God’s love is manifested through Jesus (1 John 4:9).
- God’s love is truly for us (1 John 4:10).
- God’s love covers our sin (1 John 4:10).
- God’s love allows us to love (1 John 4:19).
- God’s love within us proves whether or not we are his children (1 John 3:10).
- God’s love perfects us (1 John 4:12).
- God’s love is a command (1 John 5:2–3).
- God’s love is for the lost (1 John 4:12).
- God’s love gives us confidence going into the judgment (1 John 4:17).
How can God's love for us change our love for others?
We receive this love freely and unconditionally,and there are no wrongs Christ cannot love us through with repentant hearts. God want's us to show this same love to each other. We are human, and I know we have not treated every person with Godly love, and in his loving grace we pardoned. This undeserved and outpouring of love and grace for us is our promise. Our love story with God is a great inspiration to love others purely, unconditionally, and gracefully.