Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Agent Blue


“Where can I go from your spirit?” 
Psalm 139:7


Wouldn’t it be wonderful and amazing if Jesus was still among us today? He could answer our daily emails filled with questions and requests. We would be able to go see him on tour and listen to his teachings. I am sure that arenas and stadiums would be filled with eager people and that tickets would be sold out a year in advance. Even though it would be wonderful to have the ability to see him face to face in this life (the good news is we will get to see him one day), we would also be missing out on one of God’s most precious gift: the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit could only come after Jesus ascended to heaven. Jesus refers to the spirit as the counselor (John 14:16), the spirit of truth (John 14:17). Through the spirit Jesus promises that he will come to us (John 14:18). Since the spirit lives in us, we have access to Jesus 24/7. No need to wait for a response to an email or the next conference.
I occasionally buy for my children the Listerene Agent Blue™ (I have no affiliation with the company nor will I receive monies for mentioning this product. As a matter of fact Listerene does not even know I exist.)


Agent blue reveals spots that still need to be brushed. So the kids brush their teeth, do the rinse and check for spots. Agent blue makes the stains visible. When used regularly, it helps prevents plaque, cavities and gingivitis. In many ways the Holy Spirit is like an Agent Blue in our lives. When used properly it reveals those “stains” aka sins that we need to confess and turn away from. When used regularly it prevents “sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery, idolatry, and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissension, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies and the like.” (Galatians 5:19-20) After repeated uses side effects can be “joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.” (Galatians 5:22-23)

Are you ready to use some Agent Blue in your life? It is powerful and can be intimidating at times. After all who wants to have their dirty spots revealed? I know though from personal experience that the results are amazing and well worth going through the process. So let’s do this together. Pray with me

“Search me O God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.”
Psalm 139:23-24



If you have not yet received the gift of the Holy Spirit or are not sure about it please talk to a pastor, a chaplain or a godly friend. And please let us know how we can pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!